And I saw a great white throne and Him who sits on that throne. Heaven and earth fled before Him and were never seen again. And I saw the dead, important and ordinary people, small and great, standing before God. And books were opened. And another book was opened: the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to what was written about them in the books. Everything they had done was there. All the dead emerged: from the sea, from death and from the realm of the dead. They were all judged, everyone to what he had done.
And death and the realm of the dead were thrown into the sea of burning sulfur. That is the second death: the sea of fire. And if someone’s name was not written down in the Book of Life, he was thrown into the sea of fire.
The Final Judgment that will occur after the Resurrection. God, through Jesus Christ, will judge each person to determine the eternal glory he will receive. This judgment will be based on each person’s obedience to God’s commands, including his acceptance of the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
- The Father hath committed all judgment unto the Son, John 5:22.
- We shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ, Rom. 14:10.
- The dead were judged out of those things which were written, Rev. 20:12 (D&C 128:6–7).
- For all thy doings thou shalt be brought into judgment, 1 Ne. 10:20.
- The Twelve Apostles and the twelve Nephite disciples will judge Israel, 1 Ne. 12:9–10 (D&C 29:12).
- All must appear before the judgment seat of the Holy One, 2 Ne. 9:15.
- Prepare your souls for that glorious day, 2 Ne. 9:46.
- Can ye imagine yourselves before the tribunal of God, Alma 5:17–25.
- Jesus Christ shall stand to judge the world, 3 Ne. 27:16.
- The Lord shall come down with a curse to judgment on the ungodly, D&C 133:2.